Bethesda, Md., September 1, 2015 – Only one month to go until the second annual American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) UAS MAPPING 2015 RENO! There are several UAS conferences this fall, so why should you attend the Technical Symposium and Demonstration organized by ASPRS?
- ASPRS is a professional organization uniquely qualified in aerial imaging and mapping. T Our experts will be on-hand to explore with you the latest in UAS technology and applications.
- This program includes flights of an ASPRS test site which incorporates geodetic control and radiometric targets for analysis of UAS data.
- ASPRS is sponsoring a UAS Data Processing Workshop.
- The technical symposium and demonstration is providing public outreach to young people through inclusion of Nevada-area Civil Air Patrol cadets in the test site flights.
- In addition to a program focused on “best practice” for collection and processing of data, attendees will be treated to networking, social activities and live demonstrations.
If you haven’t registered – don’t wait, now is the time! http://uasreno.org/conference-registration/.
ASPRS would like to thank the following companies for their sponsorship:
Bethesda, Md., August 17, 2015 - The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) certification program announces the launch of a Professional and Technologist LIDAR Certification, the Certified Mapping Scientists, Lidar (CMS, Lidar) and the Certified Lidar Technologist (CLT).
The Certified Mapping Scientist, Lidar certification is described as: A professional involved in lidar systems design and/or systems application of data acquisition and computer programs that allow for the utilization of spatially referenced lidar point clouds for solving user needs and analysis requirements. Responsibilities of the applicant should include management and supervision leading to the integration of data needs and the development of correspondence among, and the utilization of, various spatial systems of often-different generic origins that are used to solve requirements.
Bethesda, Md., July 23, 2015 - The ASPRS 2016 Annual Conference, IGTF 2016, is just around the corner, so mark your calendars now and Save the Dates of April 11 – 15, 2016 for IGTF 2016! Beginning on Monday, April 11th and continuing through the week with sessions, keynote speakers, networking receptions, the co-located JACIE Workshop and much more until Friday, April 15, 2016; the conference week is sure to provide many educational, informational, and networking opportunities for all attendees.