In the twenty-first century, the art of mapmaking has fused with cutting edge technology creating a revolution in the way we see our world. A new golden age of mapping has been ushered in by incredible innovation and brilliant minds over the last century. Hand-drawn contours have evolved into highly accurate terrain maps and aerial photography is available to anyone with an internet connection. Openness and enhanced accuracy challenge us to balance security with the public’s desire to participate in a continually evolving map of the world. Our vision for the ASPRS films project is to produce short and informative glances of imaging and geospatial technologies and to document the unique stories of individuals who have contributed to the Society.
In the past year, several ASPRS member firms have voluntarily offered to sponsor films produced by the ASPRS Film Committee. The sponsors have indicated they are more than satisfied with the exposure and goodwill they get from their contribution. Moreover, the sponsorships enable ASPRS to continue the valuable research into our beginnings and continue collecting important stories before they are lost to history. The following guidelines describe the level of offerings and the benefits that ensue. Any firm that is interested in sponsoring a film for this important project please contact Karen Schuckman at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will work with an interested firm to develop the right sponsorship for its interests.
Past & Current Film Sponsors
- Marilyn O'Cuillan
- Tina Cary
- Karen Schuckman
- Kari Craun
- Marguerite Madden
- Carolyn Merry
- Keystone Aerial Surveys
- eMap International
- Cardinal Systems
- Northrop Grumman
- MJ Harden (a Geoeye Company)
- Keystone Aerial Surveys, Inc.
Become a Sponsor
- Platinum Sponsorship
- A firm that contributes a minimum of $10,000 becomes a Platinum Sponsor. A Platinum Sponsor is the sole sponsor of a film with name and banner logo in film credits as well as on the ASPRS and YouTube web pages. Platinum sponsors will also be entitled to all benefits listed in the other sponsorship tiers.
- Gold Sponsorship
- A firm that contributes a minimum of $5,000 becomes a Gold Sponsor. A Gold Sponsor is a key sponsor of a film with name and logo in film credits as well as on the ASPRS and YouTube web pages. Gold sponsors will also be provided a link from the web pages to the sponsor’s web site and sponsor recognition in the ASPRS Conference preliminary and final programs.
- Silver Sponsorship
- A firm that contributes a minimum of $2,500 becomes a Silver Sponsor. The Silver Sponsor will receive name and logo credit in the film trailer. Silver sponsors will receive recognition in the ASPRS Conference preliminary and final programs.
- Bronze Sponsorship
- A firm that contributes at the $1000.00 level becomes a Bronze Sponsor. The Bronze Sponsor is entitled name credit in the film trailer and recognition in the ASPRS Conference preliminary and final programs.
- A contribution of $500 entitles a firm to be a Contributor and web sponsor recognition. A Contributor is entitled name credit in the film trailer.
Future consideration for all sponsors: All sponsors will receive a Thank You in the Program Booklet as well as in the ASPRS Yearbook Issue. The thank you list will be sectioned off by sponsorship level ranked by category.
Please indicate that the donation is for "ASPRS Films Sponsorship" and send your contributions to:
The American Society for Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
5410 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 210
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-2160