April 7-10, 2014, RSCy2014 Paphos, Cyprus, Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geo-information of Environment
For more information, visit http://www.cyprusremotesensing.com/rscy2014/
RSCy2014 Paphos, Cyprus, 7-10 APRIL 2014
'Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geo-information of Environment'
FIRST CIRCULAR - CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Organised by: Cyprus University of Technology and CRSS
The Organizing Committee of the 'Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geoinformation of Environment' invite you to join us in Paphos-Cyprus April 7-10, 2014 to network with leading experts in the field of Remote Sensing and Geo-information.
The Keynote Speakers and thought-provoking technical program will encourage the exchange of ideas and provide the foundation for future collaboration and innovation. The Technical Program is open to all topics in Remote Sensing and Geo-information of Environment and related techniques and applications.
The conference will take place at the Coral Beach Hotel & Resort located in Paphos-Cyprus, the town which we can proudly announce to have been selected as the "European Capital of Culture, 2017"!! (http://www.pafos2017.eu/en/)
Regarding transportation to Cyprus, several airlines, including Aegean Airlines, Easyjet, Ryanair, Thompson Airways, Jetours, British Airways, LOT, Monarch Airlines and others, fly to Paphos Airport and to Larnaca International Airport.
The social programme will include a traditional dinner with traditional music and traditional dancers, an experience which will amaze everyone and cannot be missed!
We look forward to welcoming you and ensure you that this conference will certainly remain unforgettable!
Mark your calendars and register early. We look forward to seeing you in Paphos, Cyprus!
The RSCY2014 scientific program will accommodate sessions and workshops on a wide range of themes. These include:
• Applications of remote sensing, geo-information, geophysics
• Remote sensing & geo-information in education
• Oil exploration, oil and gas – hydrocarbons
• Marine spatial planning, coastal zone management
• Environmental monitoring and protection, risk assessment
• Field spectroscopy
• Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
• Classification of remotely sensed images
• Cultural heritage, archaeology, crop marks, GPR
• Land use and land cover, land-cover changes degradation and desertification
• Artificial neural networks
• Urban remote sensing
• Oceans, coastal zones and inland waters
• Natural and man-made disasters, natural hazards
• Forestry and forest fires, burned areas
• Land survey, real estate, mapping of buildings /land for taxation
• Climate changes, meteorology, atmospheric chemistry, air pollution
• Water resources management, hydrology, hydraulics
• Water quality, floods, water leakages
• 3D remote sensing, LIDAR, thermal remote sensing
• New instruments and methods
• Laser Scanning, UAV
• Agriculture, evapotranspiration
• Radar remote sensing
• Satellite Sensors
• Integration of micro-sensor technology with remote sensing
• Remote sensing analysis of earthquakes/seismic activity
• Atmospheric correction methods in pre-processing of satellite imagery
REGISTRATION - ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Delegates can register and submit their abstracts at the RSCy2014 at the conference website http://www.cyprusremotesensing.com/rscy2014/Abstract-Submission
Date for abstract submission: 20 December 2013
Notification of authors for abstract acceptance: 17 January 2014
Submission due date for full papers: 7 March 2014
Please go to the RSCy2014 website for information and submission guidelines
A number of presented papers will be considered for inclusion in several journals after the normal peer review process of the journals (special issues).
RSCy2014 will be held at Coral Beach Hotel in Paphos, the European Capital of Culture 2017.