Divisions and Committees
Who is Softcopy Photogrammetry Committee ( SPC )
- SPC is a volunteer-staffed subcommittee of the Photogrammetric Applications Division (PAD) of ASPRS.
- The committee members meet at Annual ASPRS conferences or ad hoc meetings.
- Most committee discussions are communicated via email or conference calls.
What Is The Committee's Responsibilities?
- Providing a vehicle to assist members in understanding and practicing softcopy photogrammetry.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining guidelines and standards for the professional practice of softcopy photogrammetry.
- Providing the mechanism for synthesis of converging technologies as they relate to softcopy photogrammetry.
- Offering educational opportunities for the understanding of scientific and technical advancements in softcopy photogrammetry.
- Providing a forum for professionals to share and exchange knowledge and experiences in practicing softcopy photogrammetry.
- Eencouraging interaction between government, private and academic sectors to exchange ideas about scientific and technical problems as well as technology utilization.
- Organizing sessions, seminars or workshops for annual ASPRS conferences or other events.
- Liaison with other international organizations (ISPRS, EuroSDR)
What Are The Committee's Major Initiatives?
- Sponsor and organize special sessions at Annual ASPRS conferences
- Assemble a list of emerging technologies that are related to the advancement in softcopy photogrammetry industry
- Work with international standards committee (ISO) and OpenGIS Consortium (OGC) to develop high resolution sensor mode (RFM) transfer format and standard.
- Liaison with other international organizations (ISPRS, EuroSDR) for joint events
- Automated/semi-automated feature extraction from imagery and its transition into production
- Map updating and change detection technology and systems (as opposed to transition map production)
- Rapid mapping approaches (as opposed to the standard photogrammetric mapping)
- 3D modeling and true orthophoto generation
- Lidar/image fusion for 3D mapping
- Imaging and non-image sensor integration and fusion
How to Join in the Committee?