Divisions and Committees
The intent of the Commercial Mapping Product Guidelines is to augment current ASPRS procurement guidelines for professional services (available here) in order to provide public agencies, researchers, private entities and other organizations with a guide to help determine the best approach and methodology for procuring photogrammetry and related remote sensor-based commercial mapping products.
Commercial mapping products are considered those that are available with a commercial off the shelf specification. They are traditionally defined by a vendor and are not subject to modification. While value-add services can be included for maintenance, training or support of the product they are not covered under these procurement guidelines.
These Guidelines were developed by the ASPRS Commercial Mapping Product Guidelines Committee. The Committee includes representation from commercial, state and federal government.
Background Information for Download
Current and Past Documents Available for Download
- APPROVED Commercial Geospatial Mapping Products Guideline - Adopted 10/29/2012
- DRAFT Commercial Mapping Products Guideline v3 (03/15/2012) (Word doc available for public review)
- DRAFT Commercial Mapping Products Guideline v2 (01/06/2012) (Word doc available for public review)
- DRAFT Commercial Mapping Products Guideline v1 (04/15/2011) (Word doc previously reviewed)
- Commercial Mapping Products Guideline Power Point (04/2010)
Comments and feedback for committee consideration may be sent to: email@example.com