October 2014. Northern California Region 2-day UAV Symposium, Reno, Nevada. Click on this link to go directly to the UAS Symposium website.
Call for Participation and Pre-Registration
ASPRS UAS Symposium, October 21-22, Reno, Nevada
The ASPRS Northern California Region is hosting a 2-day symposium on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in Reno, NV on October 21-22, 2014. The purpose of the event is to assemble academia, UAS developers, survey and mapping companies and government agencies with interests in UAS applications, to share information, showcase new technologies and demonstrate UAS systems in action (in flight). The event will tentatively be held at the Reno Stead Airport, an FAA-designated UAS test site, and will include exhibitors and presenters. The mission of the event is to advance knowledge and improve the understanding of UAS technologies and their safe and efficient introduction into our national airspace, government programs and business.
Highlights of the symposium:
- Demonstrations (in-flight) of UAS technologies
- Collaboration opportunities between government, private sector and academia
- Exhibitor floor
- Speakers and presentations on relevant UAS topics
- Aerial mapping, survey, and professional services firms interested in new business areas
- Companies with UAS interests and business plans
- Government agencies interested and involved in UAS technologies
- Government agencies driving the implementation of UAS policy
- UAS companies- software, hardware, system developers
- Academia and research institutions
- The geospatial community that is likely to be working with these technologies in the future
Call for participation and pre-registration
We encourage your participation in this event, which will draw a national audience and demonstrate regional leadership and collaboration.
"If you are interested in attending, presenting, exhibiting, or would just like to stay informed about this event, please sign up under Conference Registration at the symposium website.
By registering, we will add you to our UAS symposium distribution list. Please pass information about this event to your colleagues and other potentially interested parties.
Founded in 1934, the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) is a scientific association serving over 7,000 professional members around the world. Our mission is to advance knowledge and improve understanding of mapping sciences to promote the responsible applications of photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), and supporting technologies.
The role of ASPRS in UAS technologies:
- Educate the public, the media and our elected representatives about the scientific, societal and commercial benefits to be realized
- Educate these same groups on the differences between military, law enforcement and commercial uses of these technologies, to move the discussion beyond privacy concerns
- Cooperate with other stakeholder communities, societies and organizations in the development of an enabling environment supportive of UAS in geographic information science
- Explore the need for new certifications or changes to certification criteria, to address UAS-specific topics as applied to mapping and remote sensing
- Explore the needs for new guidelines and standards, or changes to existing guidelines and standards, to address UAS-specific topics as applied to mapping and remote sensing
- Inform our membership on regulatory landscape for UAS as it evolves
Please feel free to contact the ASPRS Northern California Region UAS Symposium organizing committee at the email addresses below: