PLEASE NOTE: THE NEW SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SYSTEM REQUIRES ASPRS STUDENT MEMBERS TO FIRST LOG IN IN ORDER TO APPLY.
You must login here first https://my.asprs.org before clicking the link to the application page.
All Complete Applications Must Be Received at ASPRS No Later Than Midnight, Eastern Time on October 18, 2017
ATTENTION: the deadline has been extended to October 18th for applications, and October 21st, 2017 for recommendation letters.
- Please note that all applications must be submitted in electronic format.
- Submit application form and all supporting materials or documents using the online application found here:
- **Due to a glitch in the online application system approaching the deadline, if you have not yet submitted your application, please use this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/avBD0YyqOYWuXdDu1 to submit your application.**
- DO NOT Submit the same essay for all submissions. Each prompt is different so it is important to read the award prompt and form a response specific to that award.
- Go to https://www.asprs.org/ASPRS-Awards-and-Scholarships.html for the full details on how to apply for each award
- Letters of reference are sent via a separate Google Forms application. This is to allow reviewers who are not ASPRS members to submit recommendations.
- Students, when you submit your application, a recommendation request will automatically be generated and sent to the recommenders that you request on your application.
- Applications are prescreened and incomplete applications may be disqualified before the reviewing committees begin reviewing the application packages.
- Resumes are requested but are not mandatory. Resumes provide useful background information that may not be answered in the application. If you choose to supply a resume, please upload it where it says “Please upload your most recent academic transcript and resume”
- All scholarships require a digital copy of an unofficial transcript(s). Scholarship winners will be asked to submit official transcript(s) sent directly from the university(s) to ASPRS headquarters.
- To submit a digital unofficial transcript:
- Scan a copy of a recent transcript or print to PDF your unofficial transcript from your university.
- Upload the transcript as a file when prompted in the scholarship application.
Scholarship winners will be asked to submit an official transcript. To submit an official transcript:
- Universities have different systems to request an official transcript sent to a third-party reviewer. Please contact your university’s registrar for assistance.
- Foreign language transcripts or documents must be translated into English by an official translating agency and submitted directly from the translating agency to ASPRS HQ.
- Some awards ask for copies of published articles or imagery, please do not forget to upload your published articles or imagery into the application when prompted.
- If you include a copy of a published article or research sample, it should not exceed five (5) pages; if longer, submit the article in text format or submit an abstract and article highlights.
Recommenders: as students begin submitting their applications, an email will be generated (from firstname.lastname@example.org) and sent to you to submit your letter of recommendation.
If you are unable to locate that email, or if you would like to submit your letter early, you may submit your letter of recommendation by using this link: https://goo.gl/forms/YXiLjwv92mBC4B2x2
Recommendations are due on October 21, a few days after student applications close.
All Applicants MUST:
Be active or student members of ASPRS. Visit the ASPRS website or contact the membership department at the address or phone number below for information about the benefits of ASPRS membership.
Submit the required number of letters of reference with each application from faculty members who have knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities.
All Complete Applications, Including Reference Letters, Must Be Received at ASPRS No Later Than Midnight, Eastern Time on October 18, 2017
Delays In Cyber Space Will Not Be Considered.
Most awards call for specific additional information, such as applicant statements, to complete the application. Please read the award descriptions carefully for details. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. If your scholarship requires additional documentation and you are not sure where to upload it, please upload it where it says “Please attach supporting documentation such as published articles, research samples, or imagery.”
The awards will normally be made annually, as long as sufficient funds are available. If the committee deems there are no applications of sufficient quality to warrant approval, no award will be given that year. Any application that does not comply in its entirety with the terms stated above and/or with the terms of the specific award(s) applied for will be ineligible.
The contact information for ASPRS awards and scholarships is:
ASPRS Scholarship Administrator
425 Barlow Place, Suite 210, Bethesda, Maryland 20814-2160