A professional who specializes in either a) the design, operation, and management of survey, mapping, and remote sensing projects using Unmanned Autonomous/Aircraft Systems (UAS), including flight mission planning, adherence to regulatory constraints, system calibration, data acquisition specifications, ground control, operation procedures, data processing, product generation, and quality control/quality assurance; b) analytical techniques and methods for processing of UAS-acquired data; or c) UAS system design and research.
- Three years of experience in UAS and/or related geospatial science in a position of responsibility, demonstrating knowledge of and competence in mapping science and mapping procedures.
- Three years of experience at a professional level in UAS and/or related geospatial science, demonstrating professional knowledge and management competence in the design and/or use of those systems.
- References from four persons who are holding or who have held responsible positions in the mapping sciences and remote sensing and have first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s professional and personal qualifications.
- Declaration of compliance with the Code of Ethics of the ASPRS.
- Successful completion of a written examination.