Chief Engineer – Electronic Systems IV&V (Remote Sensing)
Location: El Segundo, California (19.2 miles from Los Angeles)
**This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons**
Systems Verification Center (SVC) is seeking a technically sound leader, committed to innovative, cost-effective solutions for Electronic systems for remote sensing applications. The candidate provides engineering leadership for development, integration, and verification of complex electronic systems. Duties include technical leadership, verification architecture, advanced verification systems, planning and coordination, assembly, preparation and maintenance; troubleshooting; installation & checkout; software integration; IV&V; test data reduction, and modeling, simulation, and analysis. The candidate is an organized, objective, balanced decision maker, who administers technical reviews; guides engineering; coordinates designs; leads day-to-day operations; and is the engineering authority. The candidate ensures quality engineering work, and collaborates with experts in various disciplines in the integration, test, and evaluation of electrical systems for remote sensing applications.
The individual is passionate about practical and effective application of Systems Engineering to sensor products, and technologies. The role encompasses architectural development of remote sensing systems from an IV&V standpoint, development of T&E strategies and plans leveraging modeling, analyses, simulations, and tests, from qualification to acceptance.
The Electronic Systems CE demonstrates an ability to identify and understand technology risks and defines event driven evaluations of remote sensing systems supporting technical maturation and risk burn-down. The CE applies career experiences to architect T&E events and environments that efficiently and effectively leverage simulations, test beds, and prototypes, to satisfy development, and qualification objectives. The CE is capable of specifying requirements for capital, contract, and government assets to define development environments, System Integration Labs (SILs) and STE needed for execution of programs, production, and key events (e.g. TRR). The CE is a forward thinker, looking to improve efficiency, increase reuse, and drive common solutions. The individual is a recognized advocate and practitioner of robust design practices enabling rapid integration through application of test-centric design. The CE steers requirement flow down and iterative error analyses supporting well-defined test with cost-effective system integration and test environments. The CE implements and drives for test verticality, traceability, and realistic efficient plans & processes moving products through the life cycle.
The candidate possesses career experience and technical acumen in physical architecture product technologies associated with RF or EOIR capabilities including digital/analog/video signal processing, processing algorithms, point and stab, control loop algorithms, search/track and image reconstruction/exploitation algorithms, active/passive thermal control, environmental qualification and screening, troubleshooting, continuous product improvement, and upfront design activities necessary to ensure producible systems. The CE works with the Business Area Chief Engineer, and functional leaders to ensure SE rigor guides the design for verification. The CE will be responsible for working with staffing plans, determine scope-of-work, generate BOEs, review historical actuals, and provide financials in support of EACs, proposals and Gates.
The ideal candidate has a strong sense of logic, and ability to apply reasoning. The individual is a motivated self-starter, willing to challenge themselves to do better, and continually grow. The person rejects the status quo, and searches for clever and innovative ways to improve the current state by using a solid foundation rooted in the fundamentals of engineering as the basis for improvement. Our organization is accountable for the engineering life cycle of programs, and execution of detailed IV&V plans for Space Systems. Our goal is ensuring successful program execution. Our team welcomes you to join our growing group of talented engineers.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in systems engineering
- Expertise in verification methodologies, TRL, and MRL
- Experienced in system IV&V and T&E, specifically oriented towards electronic systems
- Background in circuits, data analysis, FPGAs, ASICs, and or RF, power, or EO/IR systems
- Solid understanding of electrical system tolerance, error analysis, and worst case circuit analysis
- Advocate for applied SE including test verticality, requirements management, functional analysis, and system architecture
- Expert in risk management
- Experience building relationships and partnering with resources, team player, demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communicator
- Motivated self-starter, leader, and participant in professional, community activities
- Knowledgeable in specialty engineering contamination control, reliability, radiation, EMI/EMC, PMP, safety and -ilities
- Organized, detail oriented
- Experience with IV&V, verification planning, acceptance testing, test definition, and procedure generation
- Leader of troubleshooting; FRB, FRACAS and FMECA
Experience with DOORS
- Recent experience creating I&T plans, verification, flight tests, and simulation for system qualification
- Experienced with system life cycle events (PDR, CDR, TRR)
Manages multiple tasks and priorities
- Technical publications and/or patents
- Bidding and proposal experience, program planning and execution
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Penchant to foster new technologies and business growth
- Active SSBI or TS/SCI
- Performing analysis using MATLAB/Simulink or similar platform
- Experience with COMSOL or other integrated physics platform
- Software and firmware IV&V experience
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design, integration and fabrication
- Willingness to anticipate, drive and foster change management
- Government customer knowledge
- Model based system engineering
- Knowledge depth of radar systems
- Experience in development and management of cost accounts and schedules
- Understanding of military standard specification as applicable to remote sensing systems
- Specific experience with qualification of space platforms
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
Advanced degree(s) in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field
Supplemental degree in Systems Engineering
Business Unit Profile:
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
- Make your next move to Raytheon!
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Clearance Type: SSBI – Current
Expertise: Systems Engineering, Optics/ Optical Engineering and Sensor Systems
Type of Job: Full Time
Requisition ID: 86346BR