The USGS Astrogeology Science Center is hiring up to two Geodesists (GS-12/13). Our mission is to help humanity understand our Solar System by maximizing the scientific and technical return from planetary missions through scientific research, software development, and the creation of spatial data products and standards. To help us achieve that mission, we seek two geodesists who can develop new capabilities in the fields of digital elevation models, planetary shape, rotation, and orientation, photogrammetric techniques, image matching, and geodetic standards. Job duties include planning and conducting novel geodetic and cartographic analysis, developing digital image processing techniques, designing or modifying bundle adjustment software, maintaining and improving global planetary control networks, and providing guidance to technical staff working on photogrammetric and geodetic production tasks. Applicants must have a bachelor’s or higher degree in geodesy or a related field with additional professional experience. Expertise in the concepts, theories, and principles of photogrammetry, cartography, geodesy, and/or computer vision is expected.
Applicants must be US citizens, and a background check is required.
This position is located in Flagstaff, AZ.
Apply starting March 7th 2022 through USAjobs.gov announcement USGS-SAC-22-11289270-DE-LL (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/638771100).
Closes March 21, 2022.
Contact Michael Bland with questions: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants must submit all copies of unofficial transcripts to USAjobs.gov to ensure that the basic education requirement is met.
- Resumes should include relevant employment or work experience (include month and year) with a statement beneath each describing how that experience meets the qualifications of a GS-12 or GS-13 Geodesist as described in the announcement.
- Current or former federal employees should include previous grade levels.
- All required documents must be submitted prior to the close of the announcement
- More details regarding the federal hiring process are available in the HELP section of the USAjobs site at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help