Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM’s partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS), So-Deep, Inc., and So-Deep | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
We are currently searching for an organized and task-driven, experienced Geospatial Technician to join our Geospatial Department in Austin, TX. This position is responsible for assisting certified photogrammetrists and mapping professionals plan, process, calibrate, analyze, adjust, or otherwise convert geospatial data in the form of LiDAR into aerial mapping products including planimetric and topographic maps.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily processing of geospatial data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and industry standards related to aerial/mobile mapping products.
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds
- Mapping features from LiDAR point clouds and aerial imagery
- Quality Control
- DTM and Contour generation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience – Education and Skills
- Experience working with airborne and/or mobile LiDAR datasets
- 1-10 years of progressive experience in CAD
- 1-10 years of progressive experience with spreadsheets or GIS tools
- 1-10 years of progressive experience with LiDAR classification
- 1-10 years of experience with compilation from LiDAR or stereo imagery
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Auto CAD and/or MicroStation and MS Office Suite
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401K profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider unsolicited resumes or other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate’s resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.