For full description & to apply, click here.
Job ID: 71043936
Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
Location: Santa Ana, CA US
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a LiDAR Technical Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for the project management of VIOS projects across the entire service territory. You will lead the VIOS LiDAR Program’s entire data workflow lifecycle for both existing and new department applications through technical specification refinement, scope development, scope management, workflow development/analysis, QC of data quality, and evaluation of QC and process improvement opportunities. You will guide and evaluate proposed technical workflows and quality control metrics, manage, and support new, and ongoing data processing objectives. In addition, you will be an integral resource to support network level inspection for wildfire mitigation, structural inspections, vegetation management, and asset maintenance and remediation as well as supporting asset data improvements for engineering needs. Your role will have a direct impact to identify, report and remediate critical asset health issues.
As a LiDAR Technical Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinate with internal and external resources from project kick-off, initiation, ongoing project management of deliverables, and project close-out activities.
- Lead LiDAR workflow development and management utilizing industry best practices to guide workflow and QC throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Monitor and make corrections to automated LiDAR feature classification outputs to improve AI/ML training. Partner with IT and the LiDAR visualization and analytic software system’s development team to improve and enhance AI/ML for SCE’s specific business needs.
- Handle QC technical inspections related to geospatial data and product specifications for SCE partners and 3rd party providers.
- Collaborate with resources to build and maintain positive relationships, remove roadblocks, act as a liaison for technical questions, ensure timely data handoffs, and communicate project status.
- Implement, maintain, and support development of technical specifications and contribute to process improvement via automation for the end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Leverage understanding of geospatial data types, software, and data storage applications for access and visualization application for project tracking and historical data management.
- Seven or more years of experience leading technical processes, programs and/or projects.
- Five years of experience in remote sensing technologies and functional knowledge specific to utility industry’s use cases (e.g. LiDAR, multispectral, hyperspectral data analysis for vegetation management).
- Experience and technical comprehension of GIS analysis process, PLSCADD modeling process, LiDAR data acquisition, calibration, and classification process, identifying major steps with critical importance and downstream impacts to project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in geospatial, technical (LiDAR and imagery) or related field.
- Experience developing and operationalizing geospatial specification documentation with ASPRS and USGS standards and QC acceptance criteria to ensure project goals objectives align with customer needs.
- GISP (Geospatial Information Science Professional) certification.
- Two years of experience within geospatial (LiDAR) field with emphasis on project engineering, project development, project management of projects for electric utility departments.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location is Pomona, CA.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.