The Geospatial group of ESP Associates, Inc. is seeking candidates to support a diverse range of photogrammetric technical needs at our Fort Mill, SC location. The successful candidate will support photogrammetric mapping services for a variety of clients, including state departments of transportation and local and state government entities.
- A minimum of 3+ years of direct stereo-compilation mapping experience in producing photogrammetrically-derived planimetric and DTM files
- Knowledgeable with Microstation and or/CAD software
- Familiarity with map editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems
- Able to communicate and interact effectively and successfully with supervisors, technicians, and other staff
- Other Desirable Experience Sought but not required:
- Familiarity with LiDAR data and/or editing
- Aerotriangulation software and processing
- Digital orthoimagery processing
- Quality assurance/quality control
Direct experience with North Carolina DOT projects or similar work a plus
Produces photogrammetrically-derived map products to support design-level mapping for transportation engineering projects as well as other products for internal and external clients.
The essential duties for this job include:
- Maps planimetric features and Digital Terrain Models (break lines and mass points) directly from scanned or digital aerial photographs to create design-level files used for transportation design or other projects using a DAT/EM Summit Evolution digital stereoplotter.
- Evaluates new software and hardware.
- Installs project data and digital imagery for projects.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes in photogrammetry and related computer software and hardware.
- Operates a digital stereo workstation to acquire stereo-triangulation or digital terrain data.
- Updates spreadsheets and indexes for job tracking.
- Reviews and edits all graphic files produced and merges graphic files into project files for engineering design.
- Trains new and junior photogrammetrists.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
The required competencies for this job include:
- View objects in three dimensions
- Higher mathematics
- Photogrammetry and systems
- Performing design/drafting work and preparing plans
- Evaluating products, equipment and material
- The use of photogrammetric equipment
- The use and support of personal computers and peripheral equipment
The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
ESP is a 2017 ENR Top 500 Design Firm and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan