Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM’s partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS), So-Deep, Inc., and So-Deep | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
We are currently searching for Stereo Compilers to perform survyeing and mapping duties, under the direction of a surveyor, cartographer or photogrammetrist for our Austin, Texas and Raleigh, North Carolina offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile planimetric and topographic features from (3D) stereo imagery
- Creating/editing DEM’s for orthophoto generation
- Work with 3-D Stereo Vision
- Ensure geospatial data is accurate by using standardized quality control processes
- Verify all source materials, including map boundaries, survey control & stereo-pairs during project set-up
- Perform peer review on compiled models
- Assist the production team in achieving technical quality standards while meeting production schedules and budgets
- Assist on innovative ideas for Geospatial tasks to improve production performance
- Maintaining currency in state-of-the-art Geospatial hardware and software
- Successful candidate will also be assigned similar tasks, while using LiDAR point cloud dataset, from aerial and/or terrestrial scans
- Meet day to day schedule and budget compliance
- Maintain up-to-date status reporting and tracking on all projects
Required Experience – Education and Skills
- 3 years of experience in stereo compilation
- Aerial Image interpretation and vector map production, troubleshooting and solving technical issues
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with mapping scale of 1”=50’ scale and higher is a plus
- Familiarity with softcopy photogrammetry
- Proficiency with Image Station photogrammetric suite is a plus
- Normal color and 3-D Stereo vision while working in a low light environment
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Ability to focus on maximizing production efficiency while maintaining quality standards
- Working knowledge of Microstation is a plus
- Terrasolid Suite knowledge is a plus
- Associates Degree is a plus
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401K profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider unsolicited resumes or other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate’s resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.