The Book Review Editor position for “Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing” (PE&RS) is now open. The book review editor will work with geospatial science publishers, PE&RS volunteer reviewers, and ASPRS staff to produce a monthly book review for PE&RS. For individuals considering this position a detailed outline of the primary responsibilities is listed below:
• Acquire latest publications within the geospatial arena. Every 6 months contact the major publishers of this literature. These publishers will send a hardcover copy for review.
• Send out a blanket call to experts in the feld as potential reviewers.
• Send out books and instructions to reviewers (ASPRS will reimburse shipping costs).
• Provide grammatical and structural edits to the reviews.
• Submit reviews to PE&RS with both the editor’s and reviewer’s concurrence
• At the beginning of the year send PE&RS published reviews to both the publisher and the reviewer.
If you are interested in this position please send by email: (1) a cover letter describing your interest and why you are qualifed for this position and (2) a short (2-3 page) resume to:
Dr. Alper Yilmaz Editor-in-Chief
Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing