Updated 1 November 2016
Seamless integration of commercial, governmental and societal needs in academic experiences
The mission of the RSAD Academic Engagement Working Group is to facilitate a dialogue between academic institutions and external stakeholders such as government agencies, commercial companies and non-profit organizations.
Chair: Dr. Giorgos Mountrakis
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
(315) 470-4824 , email@example.com
- Establish guidelines for independent studies and internships.
- Identify/develop low-cost software that provides basic remote sensing functionality.
- Establish collaboration mechanisms where external stakeholders provide data/expertise for class projects.
- Develop, in collaboration with an industry sponsor, a classification competition.
- Develop a repository where interested parties can upload/download reference data for algorithmic development (similar to http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets.html).
- Manuscript discussing best practices for remotely sensed image classification (pdf)