|Robert E. Altenhofen Memorial Scholarship||Kenneth J. Osborn Memorial Scholarship|
|Abraham Anson Memorial Scholarship||Ta Liang Memorial Award|
|John O. Behrens ILI Memorial Scholarship||Paul R. Wolf Memorial Scholarship|
|Robert N. Colwell Memorial Fellowship||Z/I Imaging Scholarship|
|DigitalGlobe Foundation Awar||Student Assistantships|
|William A. Fischer Memorial Scholarship||International Educational Literature Award|
|Francis H. Moffitt Memorial Scholarship|
Title: Scholarship Coordinator
Reports to: The Chair of the Awards Committee
Job Overview: The ASPRS Awards Committee is looking for a new assistant scholarship coordinator for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Awards Committee awards scholarships to undergraduates and graduate students studying geospatial sciences every year. As the scholarship process begins in early fall, the assistant scholarship coordinator works with the Awards Committee to ensure the scholarship award amounts and criteria are updated, make changes as necessary to relevant pages on the ASPRS website, and sends emails to students and advisors. When the application window is closed, the assistant coordinator sorts the responses, checks for missing documentation, and compiles the results to be sent to the scholarship reviewers. Some email exchange is expected with students and/or advisors asking questions regarding the application process or possible software malfunctions; the assistant coordinator is expected to be knowledgeable and courteous in these exchanges. The assistant coordinator reports problems, findings, and makes suggestions regarding the application and review process during the ASPRS spring conference.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes and repackages eligible scholarship applications
- Communicates with students, advisors, and award committee members
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Attends the spring ASPRS conference
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with other ASPRS committees and working groups
- Maintains positive, cooperative working relationships with students, advisors and fellow ASPRS members
- Coding in python or R is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (or similar software) to produce spreadsheets or PDFs as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends as required to respond to urgent inquiries from students to ensure the students meet application deadlines.
- Passionate about helping students get scholarships!
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Posted September, 2018