The Unmanned-Autonomous-Systems-Division (UASD) serves the ASPRS members as a resource for mapping standards and industry insights. The UASD includes unmanned autonomous systems (broadly defined, including robotics) and related technologies, including platforms, sensors, communications, algorithms, and derived information, among others.
- Grow and support the Vision of ASPRS
- Outreach and education on UAS technology for ASPRS and non-ASPRS members
- Liaising with UAS-interested parties outside the Society
- Promotion of standards and best practices, establishment of calibration and validation sites, and credentialing and certification activities
- Communicate with UASD members through regular meetings, the UASD website, emails, etc.
- Coordinate activities with ASPRS committees and the other ASPRS technical divisions that contribute to the objectives of the UASD
- Provide an online repository of information regarding current regulations, state-of-the-art publications, and information on best practices and technical standards (in regards to sensor calibration, project planning, and accuracy reporting for metric mapping)
- To be accessible and respond to members needs for information and education on UAS development and application
- Provide a technological resource for other divisions and committees of ASPRS
- Represent ASPRS as a technical advisory resource
Benjamin Vander Jagt
UASD Deputy Director
Busting Myths about the FAA and Unmanned Aircraft
Canada – UAS Regulations
Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA)
COA Frequently Asked Questions
FAA Test Site Selection
Model Aircraft Advisory Circular 91-57
Special Airworthiness Certification
Text of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012
UNMANNED AIRCRAFT STATE LAW LANDSCAPE
Start your Benefits Now!
BE INFORMED OF INDUSTRY TRENDS
JOIN ASPRS NOW AND START YOUR BENEFITS TODAY.
NETWORKING IN THE GEOSPATIAL COMMUNITY