SAC positions for 2023-2024
Please click the button below to apply for the vacant SAC positions!
The Student Advisory Council (SAC) was introduced at the 2006 Annual conference in Reno, Nevada. SAC supports and strengthens the ASPRS student community through events, education, and partnership. SAC works hard to weave students into the fabric of ASPRS and our greater geospatial community in order to help them access crucial resources and opportunities.
Student initiatives can cover a broad range of areas such as:
- developing a technical session career track for upcoming annual conferences
- organizing a student networking reception at the annual conference
- recommending publications for the ASPRS Bookstore
- reviewing books and software
- initiating a student blog on the ASPRS website
- stimulating an exchange among members of student chapters across the country
- organizing a Student Summer Education Assembly
Oversight of this Council is the responsibility of the most recently elected Board officer from the academic sector. The SAC is open to all ASPRS members – especially students associate members faculty advisors of ASPRS Student Chapters and other interested parties.