Start your Benefits Now!
BE INFORMED OF INDUSTRY TRENDS AND STAY CLOSE TO YOUR PROFESSION
JOIN TODAY AND START YOUR BENEFITS NOW.
THROUGH NETWORKING WITH FELLOW MEMBERS, MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE GEOSPATIAL COMMUNITY
Technical Division Directors Council
The Technical Division Directors Council (TDDC) is responsible for communication of, and providing a forum for, the discussion and resolution of issues of concern to all technical divisions and the society. TDDC provided coordination touchpoints for Divisions to work across groups for efficiency. The TDDC also considers rules and standards of practice for the consistent functionality of all divisions.
- Maintain knowledge of and report on the Technical Divisions’
technical, scientific and professional activities, such as the creation
of working groups.
- Ensure that communication and coordination occurs, as appropriate, among the Society’s Technical Divisions.
- Communicate with TDDC and ASPRS members through regular meetings, TDDC website, emails, surveys, etc.
- Collect and submit the Technical Divisions’ annual report to the Executive Director and President.
- Prepare and present periodic reports, in oral or written format, to the BOD, which show the status of activities.
- Ensure the Technical Divisions prepare and maintain operating procedures, for inclusion in the Society’s Operating Procedures.
- Recommend the creation or dissolution of Technical Divisions to the BOD.
- Ensure all activities are concurrent with the strategic plan and operating procedures.
- Submit budget requests from the Technical Divisions during the annual budget planning cycle.
- The TDDC works with the Society annual conference chair to develop
the Annual Conference Technical Program through the definition of
desired technical presentation and workshop topics, and the review,
selection, and formulation of the Conference program through analysis of
submitted abstracts. The TDDC collaborates with ASPRS Committees and
external supporting organizations in developing the conference program.