Individuals and organizations from every sector of our global society will be able to access the highest quality knowledge of spatial information and related technologies packaged and addressing topics in a manner which facilitates the application of this information in their decision making or research processes.
The mission of the ASPRS publications program is to produce and disseminate publications addressing various topics of interest to our membership; and:
- Continuously evaluate ways of adapting topics formats and physical media to the needs of the constituencies served.
- Maintain a current understanding of the interests of the membership as well as advances in our core technologies.
- Review material for clarity accuracy and timeliness.
- Create an environment which encourages contributions by a variety of authors.
- Coordinate with the Divisions and Officers.
- Recommend formation of alliances with other professional societies or publishers as appropriate.
- Be a source of financial strength for the Society.