- To encourage and commend college students who display exceptional interest and ability in the theoretical aspects of photogrammetry.
- Undergraduate or graduate student members of ASPRS
- Cash prize of $2,000 and a certificate.
- The award is administered by the ASPRS Foundation from funds provided by the estate of Mrs. Helen Altenhofen as a memorial to her husband, Robert E. Altenhofen. A past president of ASPRS, Mr. Robert Altenhofen was an outstanding practitioner of photogrammetry and made notable contributions to the mathematical aspects of the science.
In addition to the application form and two letters of recommendation, applicants must submit the following items:
- A 2-page statement by the applicant regarding plans for continuing studies in theoretical photogrammetry.
- Papers, research reports, or other items produced by the applicant that indicate capability in these fields.
- Official Academic transcripts– including a separate list of relevant courses taken with grades received.
- The applicant who, in the opinion of the majority of the committee, has the highest overall ranking will be designated the recipient.
- Each item above will carry equal weight in the committee’s consideration.