- The purpose of the award is to facilitate graduate-level studies and career goals adjudged to address new and innovative uses of signal processing, image processing techniques, and the application of photogrammetry to real-world techniques within the earth imaging industry. This award is presented by a grant from the ASPRS Foundation on behalf of corporate contributions to the Foundation by Z/I Imaging, a technology company that provides innovative solutions to the earth imaging industry.
- The award is restricted to members of ASPRS. It is intended for a student who is currently pursuing graduate-level studies or who plans to enroll for graduate studies in a recognized college or university in the United States or elsewhere.
- The award consists of a one-year Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 and a certificate.
In addition to the application form and official transcripts, applicants must submit the following items:
- A 2-page statement detailing applicant’s educational and career plans for continuing studies in photogrammetric applications.
- Two completed letters of reference from faculty members who have knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities.
- Technical papers, research reports, or other pertinent items produced by the applicant and indicating capabilities in this field may be submitted with the application, but are not required.
The Z/I Imaging Scholarship selection committee will evaluate each application and apply equal weight to each of the items listed above. The applicant who, in the opinion of the majority of the committee, has the highest overall ranking will be designated as the recipient.