Bethesda MD – The second annual technical UAS symposium sponsored by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) is scheduled for September 29-30 2015 in Reno Nevada. Expanding on the highly successful format and events of last year’s symposium this year’s event will include test flights UAS data processing and workshops.
The extended schedule is:
Sat – 9/26 UAS Test Flights
Sun – 9/27 UAS Test Flights
Mon – 9/28 UAS Test Flight Data Processing Workshop (hosted by ASPRS)
Tues – 9/29 Symposium and Technical Demonstration – Reno Ballroom
UAS Live Demonstration
Wed – 9/30 Symposium and Technical Demonstration – Reno Ballroom
Thurs – 10/1 UAS Meetings and Workshops (open for vendors and agencies to host)
Pre-Register on the symposium website: http://uasreno.org.
Early Registration Discount of 10% will be available to pre-registrants!
Highlights of the symposium:
- Demonstrations (in-flight) of UAS technologies
- Test flights and on-site data processing
- Data processing training workshops
- Collaboration opportunities among users mapping professionals government academia developers and UAS product and service providers
- Exhibitor floor including attendee breaks and lunch
- Speakers and presentations on relevant UAS topics
- Users and potential users of UAS products and services
- UAS product and service providers
- Aerial mapping survey and geospatial firms
- Companies with UAS interests and business plans
- Government agencies interested and involved in UAS technologies
- Government agencies driving the implementation of UAS policy
- UAS companies- software hardware system developers and integrators
- Academia research institutions UAS training institutions
- Students in geospatial survey robotics UAS
- The geospatial community
- Geospatial media
ASPRS Member $350
Non-ASPRS Member $400
ASPRS Student $250
Exhibitor $650 (includes 2 registrants)
Call for Speakers and Workshops
We are accepting abstracts for the technical program now. Presentations within the technical program are to be focused on educational aspects of UAS technology and implementation (minimizing product marketing). The program this year will expand the focus on applications of UAS technology as well as innovations in UAS hardware and software.
Sign up on the Pre-Registration Link and indicate your interest in presenting exhibiting sponsoring or providing a workshop. http://uasreno.org.